Currently Enrolling New Dogs!
The Dog Den centre offers an interactive, welfare driven daycare service where your dog can play, learn, work and rest for up to 11 hours per day in a fun, safe, secure environment!
Dogs are social creatures that require a lot of attention. If you spend time just observing dogs play, you will quickly learn how much fun multiple dogs can have running, chasing, romping and wrestling. It is great exercise and can burn off tones of excess energy.
But dog play is more than just fun & our Daycare is definitely NOT a place where the dogs are left to their own devices to run riot !
Puppies and dogs will learn valuable communication and life lessons. They will also learn essential canine manners, impulse control, bite inhibition and social skills when in playgroups. Youngsters, adolescents, and even older canines can benefit from dog play and interaction. Never again will you have to worry about your dog being alone all day and how he / she may be entertaining themselves.
The main aim of the way we run our daycare is to ensure that the individual & changing needs of every dog in our care are being addressed and that they are learning real life skills while in daycare. We categorise our daycare in three different Zones , The puppy Zone, The Green Zone & The Orange Zone. Dogs will move between orange & green Zone many times throughout their time with us depending on their life-stage , and their individual life experiences.
Puppies are at a very sensitive development stage up to 16 weeks, they require lots of confidence building, careful exposures & interactions with lots of other dogs , stimuli & people. We are very mindful of this development stage and have therefore tailored a program for ours pups involving structured group interactions & individual work teaching life skills for their particular developmental stage.
Orange Zone dogs require a lot more management. These individual dogs while in a group may be lacking in Self control / focus / play manners / get over aroused quickly / struggling to read other dogs signals. A lot of dogs will experience many of these issues when they enter the scary adolescence stage! Orange category dogs will engage in more arousal reducing activities , Mat work etc throughout the day. These dogs will have a tailored play group picked for them that support what we are aiming to achieve, and short structured play sessions. The number of Orange category dogs we can cater to daily are limited due to the amount of attention they require.
Green Zone dogs are good all-rounders, stable with all dogs & people in the group, no fears / anxieties / issues.
There is no Good or Bad Zone to be in , its natural that we behave differently at different stages in our life & therefore require different methods / routines. We do not want our daycare to be a place where your dog gets to rehearse ‘unwanted’ behaviour , rather a place where we can identify your dogs needs and address them.
HOWEVER: Daycare is not the right environment for every dog. Some find large groups of dogs in an indoor setting very stressful, too loud , too busy. Some enjoy it for a short time but then grow out of it and just don’t like the intense doggie interactions anymore. Please do not be insulted if your dog does not pass our assessment , your dogs welfare is #1 to us so if they are uncomfortable in this environment we will recommend you find alternative care for your dog (i.e dog walker)
Please see below the pricing for up to 11 hours (7.30am – 6.30pm) of daycare daily Monday to Friday. All prices are inclusive of 23% VAT.
- Initial assessment fee: €25 (does not apply to dogs under 6 months of age)
- Daily Rate: €27 (25% discount on 2nd & additional dogs from the same household)
- Just like a creche for children we require payment for your days in daycare regardless if you attend or not to keep your place open & have a minimum attendance of 1 day per wk. (2 consecutive wk holiday allowance per year given, any more you must pay to keep your space open , if not we will have to take on another dog off our waiting list to fill your space, but of course if we are not a full capacity you can just return & pick up from when you left off)
- We do not offer credit. Daily rates can be pre paid at the start of the month for the entire month , or on a weekly basis prepaid on the first day attendance of that week.
- The Majority of our daycare dogs have fixed weekly day/s attendance, with a small number of dogs that have one fixed day and one or more varying days depending on availability at booking. Preference will be given to fixed days – we are currently working @ full capacity and can only accommodate a certain number of ‘non-fixed day’ dogs in order to keep our dog;handler ratios @ the right level.
PLEASE RESPECT OUR NEIGHBOURS!
We are located in a residential area and need to be respectful with regards to noise (especially first thing in the morning!) . If your dog is a ‘barker’ we may have to ask you not to drop him / her off to daycare until after 8.45am. We understand this may be an inconvenience for you, however we cannot please everyone (as much as we would like to! 🙂 )
Now please pop over and read our Terms & Conditions, its very important!