6 week course; 1 hr per class; €135
This course is for dogs of all ages. No prior training knowledge is required by owner or dog as this course starts at the basics.
For most attendees this will be the first training class they have ever been to. For others they may have attended classes when their dogs where younger but are finding specific areas a struggle. For others, they are attending just for fun and to reap the benefits that a training class setting brings.
Opening up the lines of communication through teaching basic behaviours and cues and improving the value of the relationship between owner and dog is critical in dealing with any problems owners may be experiencing. To get full benefits of this course participants must be committed to attending all classes and to practice exercises daily at home.
Practice makes permanent! There is no magic wand when it comes to training, you get out what you put in!
Remember each dog in the class is different and will work at different levels. Owners must be prepared to be patient and work at their own dogs level. Each will progress at different rates We want to set the dog up to succeed, allowing them the opportunity to get things right and win rewards. Rushing is only setting your dog up for failure and this will only frustrate both dog and owner. We want to keep our training as fun as possible for all parties involved.
- Owners will have a better understanding of their dogs behaviour and factors that are affect that behaviour.
- Owners will have the tools and knowledge to address any future issues they have with their dogs because of the information obtained from this course.
- The bond between both parties will strengthen, and owners will notice their dog paying them more attention in more distracting environments
- Dogs will learn the vital skill of self control , to look to their owner and work as a team.
- Dogs will learn an array of behaviours for duration, at distance and with distractions.
- Dog is socialised with other dogs and people in a safe and secure indoor environment.
- Maximum of 8 dogs per course , with 2 training instructors so lots of individual attention throughout class.
- Training Theory Principles (Week 1 is a seminar class without dog present)
- Marker training
- Attention exercises
- Leave it
- Drop / Take It
- Wait & release cue ‘ok’
- Starting / improving your Loose lead walking training
- Addressing training problems owners are experiencing
- As with every dog that comes to The Dog Den we require proof of up to date vaccinations including kennel/canine cough vaccination.
- Dogs must be comfortable in the presence of other dogs
- Minimum of 4 dogs to run class
- Class must be paid for one wk prior to commencement to secure booking; & 50e deposit @ booking stage
Dogs with a history of dog-dog aggression or dog-human aggression are not suited to this class environment.
Next Course Dates:
- Thurs 22th March @ 7pm
- Sat 28th April @ 12pm
- Thurs 3rd May @ 7pm
- Sat 9th June @ 12pm
- Please note that if the demand is there more dates will be added to accomadate so keep checking in with us!