Terms & Conditions
By accessing our website, browsing, purchasing or making booking, you acknowledge that you have read, understood and fully accept our terms and conditions as detailed below.
These Terms and Conditions have been authored to assist our clients in getting the most they can from the services provided by The Dog Den ltd.
Please be aware that our terms and conditions may change over time. The terms and conditions at time of booking apply. Revised terms and conditions apply to subsequent bookings
The Dog Den centre has no liability in respect of the content of other websites that are linked to from thedogden.ie
Services / Premises Rules
- All dogs attending our centre, for any reason, must be fully vaccinated yearly, including kennel / canine cough. If you are unsure about vaccinations please consult your vet directly. This is for the safety of your dog and others and therefore no exceptions can be made. It is your responsibility to vaccinate your dog.
- The Dog Den ltd reserves the right of attendance on our training courses & daycare
- Full fee will be due if you do not cancel your daycare place 48hrs in advance to give us a chance to fill it. We require a minimum of one day per wk attendance to keep your place. A daycare place will not be kept open for any dog for more than 2 consecutive weeks per year (holiday allowance / cancellations) of absenteeism without payment received.
- Dog aggressive and/or human aggressive dogs are not suitable for class (unless specific course) or daycare environments. If you have any concerns in this regard you should contact us by phone to discuss the options available. If you do not contact us and attend a course and we subsequently deem your dog to be unsuitable for a class situation a full refund will not be provided.
- All dogs over the age of 6 months must be neutered to attend our daycare. Please contact us on this point as there are exceptions to this rule.
- Female dogs in season / heat (3 weeks long) cannot attend classes or daycare under any circumstances.
- Daycare dogs must be collected at the very latest 6.30pm. The Dog Den will have to pay staff members overtime if owners do not collect their dogs on time therefore repeat offenders will be charged €5 per every 15 minutes after 6.30pm.
- Every reasonable precautions is taken in our daycare to avoid injury resulting from dog play / dog arguments. However just like a child in a playground accidents sometimes happen. We, The Dog Den ltd, accept no responsibility for injury resulting from time spent in daycare. If a dog is injured during their time here, we will take the dog to our Vet for treatment however the owner will be responsible for the cost of treatment. By enrolling your dog in our daycare facility you are acknowledging and accepting this.
- We run full training courses. For optimum results you are required to attend weekly and complete the course.
- Booking for a place on a training course is final. You agree to attend the training course for the duration of the course.
- Sometimes we may need to change the time of an entire or part of a training course or training consult due to factors beyond our control. We reserve the right to do so but will contact you in advance to notify you of any required changes
- All dogs must remain on lead within the premises unless specifically instructed by the dog trainer. Specific breeds such as greyhounds must have the proper collar so as to cause no discomfort to the dog and to prevent escape
- The Control of Dogs Act 1986 section 21 – “Liability of owner for damage by Dog” applies within our classes and on our premises. We, The Dog Den ltd, take all reasonable precautions within the structure of our classes and on our premises to avoid injury resulting from dog bites. However we, The Dog Den ltd, accept no responsibility for damage or injury resulting from dog bites occurring to clients or their dogs while on the premises.
- All instances of accident or injury must be reported to the dog trainer at the time they occurred, in the class they occurred in. Subsequent reports of accidents will not be entertained
- The following items are not permitted in the dog care centre under any circumstances: Choker chains, shock collars / devices (incl citronella), prong / pinch collars or any other device that causes discomfort, pain and fear to the animal.
Fees, Prices and Payment
- Fees and prices are subject to change without notice. Price at time of booking applies.
- We do not offer credit at the Dog Den centre. Daycare fees must be paid @ the start of month for entire month or the first day of the week attendance for the full wk.
- Training courses must be paid in full at time of booking.
Refunds and Cancellations
- We are limited in the number of dogs per training class as like to keep them small. Any cancellations must be notified a minimum of 14 DAYS BEFORE the course starts. There are no exceptions for any reasons (you are responsible for making sure your dog’s vaccines are up to date, and a family member can attend the course on known dates etc prior to booking). Failure to notify us of a cancellation within this time frame will result in no refund and you will have to book a new course at full price
- Full fee will be due if you do not cancel your daycare place 48hrs in advance to give us a chance to fill it, after two consecutive wks of cancellation payment will be required regardless of attendance if you want us to hold your place open . We require a minimum of one day per wk attendance to keep your place. A daycare place will not be kept open for any dog for more than 2 consecutive weeks per year (holiday allowance) of absenteeism without payment received.
- There will be no refund if you fail to attend a course which is fully paid.
- There will be no partial refunds for missed classes.
- All refunds are processed minus the credit card charge if this was your method of payment as this is non-refundable.
- All other cancellation and refund requests are at the discretion of the The Dog Den ltd management and dependent on individual circumstances.
If you have any questions about our terms & conditions please contact us directly.